Search

2017-07-24

Updates: Site Redesign, Zine Coming

As you can see, we're in the middle of redesigning the site, which means installing a new template and tweaking it so it's somewhat workable. The older design just became too glitchy and problematic, so I just had to make changes. For the time being, I'm switching over to one of Blogger's default themes, which are all uniformly terrible, because Blogger is terrible.

Please be patient with me, as I am aware this is making a big of a mess. Most of the important links don't seem to be working at the moment. I have another theme on my iMac at home, and we'll try to get it installed tonight. Once the DT Media website is finally up and running, I may just make the jump to WordPress for this site.

Also, I'm nearly finished with a new zine that will be given away to everyone who joins our mailing list. Problems with the HP Pavillion desktop forced me to buy a new computer, which set things back a bit, but fortunately for us, the zine pages being assembled on Scriber (a freeware desktop publishing program) have been preserved.

My goal is to have the mailing list and zine up and running by the end of this month. The zine will either be 44 or 48 pages, 8.5" by 5.5" size, and presented digitally in .pdf format. It contains essays and reviews from my upcoming books, including Zen Arcade, Pop Life and Greatest Hits/Conversations on Ghibli. It looks really good and if the response is positive, I may publish more issues on a regular basis. We'll see how it goes.

We're slowly making progress on all fronts. Please excuse the mess around here. As always, Ghibli Blog is active every day on Twitter and Facebook with original content.

No comments:

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover